Playing with Canva.
My old Blogger profile, found as far back as I could get on the Wayback Machine. I had a site on Blogger before 2004 but made the mistake of deleting it, thinking it didn’t matter. Really wish I had left it up. I don’t even remember my first account now to try to find it. Can’t keep everything! Even the Blogger profiles are gone now. Instead you just get taken to your Google Plus account. I wonder what happens to people who didn’t open an account.
As much as I like AVG (have used it for years) this kind of annoyed me this morning. It came as a pop up window when I turned the computer on. I don’t mind the pop up so much, because it is from them. I really don’t like the new marketing idea being pushed – that a coupon is a gift. A coupon is a sales tactic, it’s not a gift. A gift is something freely given.
You may argue the coupon was freely given and yes, it was. However the product is not being offered as a gift. It clearly reads “Get your gift now”. I’ve already got the coupon so what is the gift?
In this case the gift is AVG because they do have a freeware version which I rely on and am very happy with. If I were making more money than I’m paying out for the Internet and my writing and publishing, then I would consider supporting AVG and buying their premium version. However, that isn’t practical right now.
Anyway, what do you think when you see coupons offered as free gifts?
This was in my email today, forwarded from my Mom:
Magic Bank Account
Something to think about …
Imagine that you had won the following *PRIZE* in a contest:
Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your private account for your use. However, this prize has rules :
The set of rules:
1. Everything that you didn’t spend during each day would be taken away from you.
2. You may not simply transfer money into some other account.
3. You may only spend it.
4. Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day.
5. The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can say,“Game Over!” It can close the account and you will not receive a new one.
What would you personally do?
You would buy anything and everything you wanted right?
Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for. Even for people you don’t know, because you couldn’t possibly spend it all on yourself, right?
You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning, right?
ACTUALLY, This GAME is REAL ….
Shocked ??? YES!
Each of us is already a winner of this *PRIZE*. We just can’t seem to see it.
This PRIZE is *TIME*
1. Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life.
2. And when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is NOT credited to us.
3. What we haven’t used up that day is forever lost.
4. Yesterday is forever gone.
5. Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time WITHOUT WARNING …
SO, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds?
Those seconds are worth so much more than the same amount in dollars. Think about that, and always think of this: Enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than you think.
So take care of yourself, be happy, love deeply and enjoy life!
Here’s wishing you a wonderful and beautiful day.
Start spending …